I was at my gym and had the nasty experience of fracturing my nose with a 12 lb. medicine ball. I know, I know…how on earth does that happen? It was such a shock, actually ,and just a bad accident. I spent the afternoon at the hospital awaiting x-rays and confirmation that I would not need a Plastic surgeon’s consult…it would just need to heal on its own. Miraculously it seemed I had fractured it in a straight line and no closed reduction surgery was necessary.
But the black eyes and swelling that resulted the day after? Well, that was another shock indeed! I have never had an injury to my face and I did not know the extent to which the tissues around my eyes would swell and bruise. Exactly 2 weeks and 4 days after the injury though, I looked completely normal. My nose is still sensitive to touch and I’m more alert to where people’s hands and elbows are in space when they are talking, but most people don’t believe me when I tell them I fractured my nose only a few short weeks ago.
What did I do, you ask? I’ll tell you:
- Arnica montana 1M homeopathic remedy. Taken directly after the injury and for 2 days following, only one dose per day
- ICE was my friend for the first entire week. It was hard to do while at work after the first few days so I iced in the mornings and evenings.
- BEMER therapy every morning and night for 8 minutes. BEMER is a PEMF device with patented frequencies that has been shown to improve microvasculature flow and increase cellular energy. See this link for a short video on the changes seen after just 8 minutes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h6_N_HLkgo)
- Helichrysum essential oil from doTERRA. 2 drops applied morning and night to the bridge of my nose and cheeks before BEMER. This oil has anti-inflammatory and lymphatic drainage properties, is regenerative to skin and specifically useful for hematoma (or bruising)
- After 1 week I had a body work session that included cupping to my face, neck and upper thoracic area. This dramatically improved the drainage to my whole head and neck area.
Combined together, these therapies have accelerated my healing. Often, it takes more than one to stimulate the whole. And next time that you have an injury, include your Naturopath in the discussion of how you can speed your recovery. You may be surprised by how quickly your body can respond and you can return to your beautiful self!
Yours in Radiant Health,
If you enjoy my blog and want to use a blog entry for your own site, you have my permission as long as you include the following paragraph with it:
©Copyright 2020. Radiant Health & Wellness. All Rights Reserved. If you’re ready to discover how Dr. Christine can help you, please visit her website at: http://www.radianthealth.ca. Your health starts here!